Arequipa Cathedral is considered one of the early seventeenth century religious monuments in the city. It was built in ashlar (volcanic stone), with brick vaults is the city's main sanctuary that occupies the entire north side of the Plaza de Armas. Built entirely in ashlar, exhibits neoclassical style with some Gothic influence. Its facade is made by seventy columns with Corinthian capitals, three covers and two lateral arches. It is topped by two towers and stylized Renaissance. Inside is the main altar, made of Carrara marble and made by Philip Maratillo. In the nave stands the incomparable pulpit carved in oak wood by artist Buisine Rigot, in Lille, France, and looks to Christ defeating the evil serpent. In the background, there is a body of Belgian origin, whose value lies in being one of the largest in South America. The chapel of the Lord of Great Power is very popular with the locals. In 1844 it was destroyed by fire and rebuilt in 1868 by the Arequipa architect Lucas Poblete. It is neoclassical and income to the temple is located in the aisles. It was hit hard by the earthquake of 2001, which seriously affected their towers.
The Monastery of St. Catherine of Siena, or Convent of Santa Catalina, is a religious holiday resort located in the historic center of Arequipa, Arequipa, Peru. Founded on September 10, 1579 by an agreement between the Cabildo and Regiment Justice Arequipa and Cuzco Bishopric and thanks to the donation of goods Maria de Guzman, widow of Don Diego de Mendoza Hernandez. She was the first prioress of the monastery, a position he held for the first six years of operation, beginning on October 2, 1580 he pronounced his religious vows. In this monastery women admitted they wished, although in the founding document should be pointed out that Spanish women. They must give a dowry of silver pesos tested and marked and one hundred dollars for food currents. In the middle of the eighteenth century the population was composed of fifty-seven religious black veil, white veil eighteen, fifty-one hundred donated and maidens and secular service.
The Sabandía Mill is located 8 km south of the city of Arequipa and about 20 minutes by car, on the road you can see the wide terraces and three volcanoes (Misti, and Pichu Pichu Chachani) which provide a framework the landscape that surrounds this traditional village. The Sabandía Mill, built in 1785, represents the typical architecture of the region in which the predominant use of ashlar. It is characterized by solid and rustic balconies, which is a historical monument that recalls ancient times and the ingenuity and labor of the people of Arequipa. Also, you can see the techniques used to process wheat, a process that takes place with the huge stone wheels.